Special Health Programs ― Care Management
AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania (PA) Community HealthChoices (CHC) has special programs to help you get and stay healthy. You do not need a referral for any of these programs. If you have one of the conditions listed below, you can join one of our special programs.
What conditions do you have programs for?
- Heart failure (HF)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Multiple chronic conditions ― Complex Care Management
- Sickle cell anemia
What can these programs do for me?
These programs can help you learn more about your condition. They can help you manage your condition. They may help improve your quality of life.
A Care Manager will manage your care. They will send you information about your condition. A Care Manager will also call you to find out how you are doing. They will help you to get program services.
How can I join one of these programs?
You can join any of these programs by any one of these ways:
- Log in to the Participant portal and go to Enroll in a Special Program.
- Call Care Management at 1-855-332-0116 (TTY 711).
- Your PCP (primary care practitioner), specialist, or other health care provider may also talk to you about becoming a part of the program. He or she can call us to have you join.
- We may see from your health history that you might benefit from the program. We will send you information in the mail about what to do to enroll in the program.
How to leave a program
You can tell us on the phone or in writing if you no longer want to be a part of a program.
- Call: 1-855-332-0116 (TTY 711)
Mail:Participant ServicesAmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania Community HealthChoices200 Stevens DrivePhiladelphia, PA 19113-1570
Leaving a program will not change your benefits. It will also not change the way AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania Community HealthChoices or the Department of Human Services treats you.
If you have any questions about our special care management programs, or do not want to be a part of these programs, please call us at 1-855-332-0116 (TTY 711) or write to: