AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania Community HealthChoices Participants with asthma can join a special program to help them manage their condition.
Call 1-855-332-0116 or visit the Participant portal today to join the asthma program.
What can the asthma program do for me?
The asthma program can help you:
- Understand what triggers your asthma.
- Make an asthma action plan.
- Understand your daily and rescue medications.
- Learn the early warning signs of an asthma attack.
What is asthma?1
Asthma is a long-term illness that makes the airways to your lungs narrow, swollen, or blocked. It is important to do everything you can to keep your asthma under control.
- Makes it hard for you to breathe.
- Keeps you from playing sports or doing physical activities.
- Can cause you to miss work or school.
You can control asthma if you:
- Know your triggers and how to avoid them.
- Take your daily medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Use your rescue inhaler as directed by your doctor.
Join the asthma program today
To join the asthma program, please call 1-855-332-0116.
Or, you can log in to the Participant portal and go to Enroll in a Special Program.
If you were a part of but no longer want to be in the asthma program, call 1-855-332-0116. Leaving the program will not change your benefits. It will also not change the way AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania Community HealthChoices or the Department of Human Services treats you.
1.“Asthma,” National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, September 18, 2014, https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/asthma.