Web-based service for submitting prior authorization requests
JivaTM offers prior authorization for physical health services* and admission-related functions through the AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania (PA) Community HealthChoices (CHC) provider portal, NaviNet®. When you log in to AmeriHealth Caritas PA CHC's Plan Central page on NaviNet, you will be able to access Jiva, enabling you to:
- Request inpatient, outpatient, home care, and durable medical equipment (DME) services.
- Submit extension-of-service requests (physical health services only).
- Request prior authorization (physical health services only).
- Verify elective admission authorization status.
- Receive admission notifications and view authorization history.
- Submit clinical review for auto-approval of requests for services.
*AmeriHealth Caritas PA CHC Service Coordinators are responsible for authorizing a Participant’s long-term services and supports (LTSS) services.
Jiva will be accessible only through AmeriHealth Caritas PA CHC’s NaviNet Plan Central page. Therefore, to utilize Jiva's functions, you must be a registered NaviNet user.
If you are not already a NaviNet user, it is very simple to start the process. Visit NaviNet to register, or call 1-888-482-8057 to speak to NaviNet customer service.