Pharmacy and Prescription Services
AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania (PA) Community HealthChoices (CHC) covers medicines that are:
- Medically necessary.
- Approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Prescribed by your health care provider.
Copays may apply to prescriptions.
How do pharmacy services work?
When you need medicine or over-the-counter items, your health care provider will write a prescription for you to take to the pharmacy. The following areas will help you learn more about where to get your medicine, which medicines are covered, and reimbursement for medicines.
Find a pharmacy
- Find a pharmacy.
This tool will help you find a pharmacy that takes AmeriHealth Caritas PA CHC in your area.
- Find a specialty pharmacy (PDF).
This document will help you find a specialty pharmacy in the AmeriHealth Caritas PA CHC network.
Find a medicine
- Dual-Eligible Participants: Please refer to the drug list of your Medicare Part D plan.
- Medicaid LTSS Participants:
- Use our searchable formulary.
- Printable Formulary. (PDF)
- Machine-readable Formulary. (TXT)
Other pharmacy information
- Reimbursement for medicine.
There may be times when you pay for your medicine. AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania (PA) Community HealthChoices (CHC) may reimburse you, or pay you back.
- Prescription medicines.
Prescription medicines are prescribed by your health care provider to help keep you healthy, or treat you when you are sick. Copays may apply.
Please call Participant Services at 1-855-235-5115 (TTY 1-855-235-5112) if you have questions.