Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) website to learn more about the illness and how to help stop its spread. The CDC also offers information about coronavirus (COVID-19) in other languages and formats.
In-person event cancellations
Because of our concerns about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania (PA) Community HealthChoices (CHC) is canceling all in-person Participant events through the month of April. Please come back to our website at www.amerihealthcaritaschc.com for the most current information on Participant events.
To help Participants get the best care possible, AmeriHealth Caritas PA CHC is currently covering telemedicine when offered by your doctor. Talk with your doctor about telemedicine options.
Refill of medicines
You may be able to get additional supply of certain maintenance medicines. Talk with your doctor or pharmacy. Also, ask your pharmacy about prescription delivery. Many pharmacies are now offering new delivery options due to COVID-19 concerns.
At the direction of the DOH, many dentist offices have closed. This means that in most cases routine dental care is not being done right now.
If you need to see a dentist, please call the dentist you usually see. The dentist should be able to talk with you about how you can get care.
If your dentist is closed, please be sure to listen to the entire message on the dentist’s voicemail. Most dentists are giving instructions on how you can reach them on the voicemail.Download the Participant app*
Don’t forget to download the AmeriHealth Caritas PA CHC mobile app. The app offers Participants:
- Digital Participant ID card.
- Access to the provider directory.
- Information about medicines.
You can also always call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1-855-235-5115 (TTY 1-855-235-5112).
Getting startedAre you a new Participant? Here is some important information to get started with your health plan.
Are you also eligible for Medicare?
AmeriHealth Caritas has a Medicare D-SNP Plan, AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care. A Medicare D-SNP plan is a Medicare Advantage plan designed for people who get both Medicare and Medicaid benefits and have special needs.
Visit AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care to learn more.
Thank you for choosing AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania Community HealthChoices for your health care needs. We are happy to have you as a Participant. If you cannot find the information you are looking for on the website or in the Participant handbook, you can:
- Call Participant Services at 1-855-235-5115 (TTY 1-855-235-5112 ) to talk to a Participant Services Representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or,
- Call the Nurse Call Line at 1-844-214-2472.
- If you are eligible for Community HealthChoices and still need to pick a health plan, please visit Community HealthChoices for more information. You can also call 1-844-824-3655 (TTY 1-833-254-0690) and an enrollment specialist can help you. If you have chosen AmeriHealth Caritas Pennsylvania Community HealthChoices as your health plan, you will receive your welcome kit and ID card within 5 days of your start date.
- Are you also eligible for Medicare D-SNP? AmeriHealth Caritas has a Medicare D-SNP Plan, AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care. For more information, please go to www.amerihealthcaritasvipcare.com.